The Youngstown State University Presidential Search Advisory Committee will interview eight candidates for the position on April 12 and 13 at the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport.
The 17-member search committee was appointed in January to spearhead the national search for a successor to YSU President Cynthia E. Anderson, who will retire July 1 after three years in office. AGB Search Inc. in Washington D.C. is assisting in the search process.
The committee is expected to present to the Board of Trustees three to five candidates determined to be the best qualified for the position no later than May 15. The board will then determine which of the candidates to invite for campus interviews.
Trustees hope to select the next president no later than the Board of Trustees meeting on June 12.
The search committee will meet at the Hyatt Regency on Thursday evening to discuss the candidates and the interview process. Interviews will be conducted on April 12 and 13, according to university spokesman Ron Cole.
All of the meetings will begin in open session, followed by closed, executive sessions for the committee to conduct its business and the interviews.
The eight candidates who will be interviewed include:
- Attorney William Decatur, who is currently executive vice president and CFO at Rhode Island School of Design. He previously served as senior vice president for finance and administration at Ohio University.
- Randy Dunn, who holds a doctorate in education and is currently president of Murray State University in Kentucky. He also was the former state superintendent for the Illinois Department of Education.
- Stacey Franklin Jones, who holds a doctorate in science and is a corporate development senior adviser, vice president and consultant for Protech Global Solutions. She formerly served as vice president of academic affairs for Bowie State University.
- C. Jack Maynard, who holds a doctorate in education and is provost and vice president for academic affairs at Indiana State University.
- Attorney James McCollum, who is currently acting president of Millersville University of Pennsylvania. He also held several administrative posts at YSU.
- James Moran III, Ph.D., vice chancellor for academic and student affairs for the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
- John F. Schwaller, Ph.D., president of State University of New York.
- Gerard Voland, Ph.D., provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Michigan-Flint.