Multiple fire departments responded Saturday to a vacant structure fire in Campbell.
Crews were called at about 2 p.m. to a house on Porter Avenue.
Firefighters had to battle flames in multiple rooms of the structure. Crews from Struthers and Coitsville were called in to assist.
Campbell Fire Chief Nick Hrelec said the people who lived in the house moved out some time ago and left a lot of trash in the house. The debris made is difficult for firefighters to control the flames.
“Now you got a fire not only in the house, but now you got fire and objects. You know when the trash is behind you, you got to pull stuff apart and chase the fire the whole way,” said Hrelec. “The whole time you’re fighting smoke and toxic fumes. So, never good for us.”
Neighbors said they want to see the house torn down.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.