Studio remains in hunt for ‘Snow White’ sequel

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A follow-up to “Snow White and the Huntsman” is moving forward, though it’s still unclear if Kristen Stewart will return as the warrior princess.

Universal Pictures Chairman Adam Fogelson says the studio is aiming for a 2015 release on the sequel to last year’s fairy-tale action story.

The movie became overshadowed by headlines surrounding Stewart’s affair with her “Snow White” director, Rupert Sanders. The revelation temporarily broke up Stewart’s romance with “Twilight” co-star Robert Pattinson, though they later reconciled.

Fogelson said Tuesday at the CinemaCon convention for theater owners in Las Vegas that a sequel is in the works. A studio spokeswoman says no other details are available.

Stewart’s spokeswoman did not immediately return phone and email messages Wednesday about whether the actress would be back for the sequel.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus