Selenski murder trial set for June 24 in NE Pa.

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — A trial is scheduled to start in June for a man charged in the killings of two people whose bodies were found buried in his yard in northeastern Pennsylvania a decade ago.

Thirty-nine-year-old Hugo Selenski is awaiting trial in connection with the May 2002 deaths of Michael Kerkowski and his girlfriend, Tammy Fassett. Their bodies were found buried at Selenski’s Kingston Township home in May 2003.

Earlier this month, the state Supreme Court said it wouldn’t hear an appeal to dismiss the case. On Thursday, Luzerne County Judge Fred Pierantoni scheduled trial for June 24. The Times-Leader reports ( ) Selenski said while leaving the courthouse that he’s glad a trial date has been scheduled.

Selenski was acquitted in the slayings of two other men whose remains were found; he’s serving time in a home invasion and robbery.


Information from: Times Leader,

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s