Weathersfield School District Breaks Ground

The Weathersfield Local School District officially broke ground Sunday afternoon for its new $25 million school building.

The K-6 building will be on Niles Carver Road in Mineral Ridge.

In March of last year, voters passed a bond issue after four attempts. That allowed the district to raise the money to match funding offered from the state.

The district will pay 28 percent, about $7.5 million, while the state covers the other 72 percent.

“Words can’t really explain how excited we are here at Weathersfield,” said Weathersfield School District Superintendent, Damon Dohar. “This is a great opportunity, we’re taking three old schools and we’re creating two basically brand new schools. We’re refurbishing our high school making a 7-12 building, then Seaborn elementary will become a k-6 building.”

Dohar anticipates the new building being completed by next fall.

The old middle school on Route 46 will be demolished.

Classes should begin in the new K-6 school by the spring of 2015.

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&page_count=5&pf_id=9627&show_title=1&va_id=4026465&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 type=iframe]

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s