[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&page_count=5&pf_id=9626&show_title=1&va_id=4073019&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 type=iframe]
A bedroom fire sent Youngstown fire crews to a South Side home.
On Sunday night, the Red Cross helped the family of four who was forced out by the damage.
Firefighters dealt when flames and smoke when they arrived at the home on Idlewood just after 6 p.m.
The firemen broke some windows to help get an upper hand on the situation.
No one was home when the fire started. The fire damage is mostly contained to the front bedroom where two children slept.
The family returned to the home and were visibly shaken as crews still worked.
Neighbors were the first to notice the fire.
“The kids were out in the back playing and my one granddaughter here ran in the house and said she seen smoke coming from the back there, so everybody came outside we seen the smoke and everybody just called 911,” said Sharon Moreland.
“The homeowner said she had some heaters plugged into the room and right now it’s looking like that’s the likely source of what started the fire,” added Captain De Michael of the Youngstown Fire Department.
The Fire Department is still working on a final report.
They said it’s important, especially for residents of older homes, to not overload power circuits, because older homes don’t always have up-to-date wiring.