PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Attorneys for at least four people suing over the collapse of a downtown Philadelphia building that killed six people last week are condemning the demolition work after a court-ordered examination of the site.
Lawyers and consultants walked gingerly on piles of debris Sunday as others on a hoist far above scanned the site where a four-story building collapsed onto an attached Salvation Army thrift store Wednesday.
Attorney Robert Mongeluzzi said he believed the building should have been demolished by hand rather than using heavy equipment.
An attorney for property owner Richard Basciano and STB Investments declined comment. A mailbox on a phone for contractor Griffin Campbell was full and a woman answering the phone at his house said he wasn’t in and hung up before a message could be left.