A former Sharpsville football star is fighting for his life after a tragic accident.
Tyler Luchey, 18, is in critical condition at UPMC Mercy after suffering electric shock late Saturday afternoon.
Police said Luchey was working on the roof of this house when he came in contact with a live transmission line and was thrown 30 feet to the street.
He was badly burned over 60 percent of his body, broke several bones and underwent brain surgery. Several days later, doctors performed skin graft surgery.
Luchey was a wide receiver for the Sharpsville Devils and was often featured right here on WKBN.COM for his uncanny ability to make incredible catches.
“I was downtown when I got the call and I seen a helicopter going over my head and my mother called me and she’s like, his father’s name is Ed, and she’s like, we’re following a helicopter right now and I was looking at it and is was so surreal that my little brother was in that helicopter with severe burns from getting electrocuted,” said Luchey’s brother, Cotey Goleb.
Luchey was also a starter on the basketball team. He was planning on attending Slippery Rock College.