Nine new United States citizens were naturalized Thursday during a ceremony at the Mahoning County Probate Court.
The group of six women and three men took the oath in front of Judge Mark Belinky and County Clerk of Courts Anthony Vivo.
After taking the oath, each was presented with an American flag.
Those who took the oath are:
- Angelica Maria Cominsky, Mexico
- Simon Farouk Bassil, Lebanon
- Zohra Moumayez, Morocco
- Mariana Junqueira Szalaj, Brazil
- Angela Maria Junqueira Szalaj, Brazil
- Ijaz Khan, Pakistan
- Shazina Qaisar, Pakistan
- Khalid Ahmad Yasin, Jordan
- Rea Joann Dawson, Philippines