Conn. lawsuit over summer camp kiss withdrawn

WESTPORT, Conn. (AP) — Court records indicate the parents of a 15-year-old Connecticut girl have withdrawn their lawsuit that claimed their daughter was kicked out of summer camp after a boy kissed her.

The lawsuit, filed Monday in Bridgeport Superior Court, said the girl was sent home from Camp Emerson in Hinsdale, Mass., last month. It also said a camp official falsely accused her and the boy of sexually provocative behavior.

Neither the girl nor her parents were named in the suit.

Rosemarie Arnold, attorney for the girl’s family, would not confirm the lawsuit was withdrawn. Speaking generally, she says cases can get resolved.

Sue Lein, the camp director, declined to comment Monday. A message was left with her Tuesday.

The lawsuit alleged negligent infliction of emotional distress, defamation and other claims.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus