A $480,000 project to replace a culvert in Mahoning Township will begin on Wednesday.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation will begin working to replace the existing concrete arch bridge with a pre-cast concrete culvert on Sky Hill Road between Evergreen Road and Hillsville Road on Wednesday.
The road will be closed between 6 a.m. Wednesday through late September. PennDOT estimates about 560 cars that stretch of road each day.
Detour signs will be posted. The detour will be, according to PennDOT:
1. From eastbound Sky Hill Road, turn onto Evergreen Road
2. Turn right onto Baird Road
3. Turn right onto Hillsvale Road
4. Follow Hillsville Road south back to Sky Hill Road
5. End detour
1. Same detour in opposite direction
Motorists are advised to use caution and slow down when traveling through the area.