Fla. boy survives being sucked into drainpipe

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A young boy is recovering in a southwest Florida hospital after he was sucked into a drainpipe while playing with other children and carried several hundred yards.

The Fort Myers News-Press (http://newspr.es/137cm8Q) reports the child ended up in the Caloosahatchee River. He was able to climb to safety before the adults who were running toward the river heard him yelling Thursday afternoon.

Fort Myers Battalion Chief Chris Bevan says the boy was swept about 300 feet through the drainpipe. He had been playing with friends, who ran to tell adults what happened.

Bevan says the boy was extremely lucky he wasn’t knocked unconscious because he could have drowned.

___

Information from: The (Fort Myers, Fla.) News-Press, http://www.news-press.com

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s