Elton John recovering after having appendix out

LONDON (AP) — Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

The musician’s publicist says John had the surgery last week at Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, near his home in the south of France.

Last month the musician canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

He said at the time that his infected appendix had been “a ticking time bomb.”

He was treated with antibiotics and his publicist said Monday the appendix has been removed.

In a statement on his official website last week, John said the many get-well cards and messages he’d received from fans “have touched me deeply.”

The 66-year-old musician is expected to perform in London Sept. 2, when he receives the Brits Icon Award.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s