Church used in controlled burn

First Christian Church controlled burn

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1376181632&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9627&show_title=1&va_id=4216320&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1376181632 type=script]

Braceville Township Fire Department set ablaze an old church as a training exercise.

Firefighters set the old First Christian Church on Church Street on fire Saturday morning to train crews on equipment and breathing techniques.

The church was built in 1874. A new church was constructed on the property several years ago to replace the old building. Parishioners tried to sell the old church and its timbers but later donated it to the fire department.

Fire departments from Garrettsville and Southington assisted with the controlled burn.

blog comments powered by Disqus