Man burned in fire in Columbiana county

MAN BURNED IN FIRE
Neighbors along Votaw Drive, near Guilford Lake, said they heard an explosion that sounded like a firework, and minutes later, the home was engulfed in flames.

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1376781028&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9627&show_title=1&va_id=4228816&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1376781028 type=script]

A man was hospitalized with severe burns after what neighbors said was an explosion inside of his house.

It happened Friday at a home off Votaw Drive near Guilford Lake in Columbiana County.

Neighbors said they heard an explosion that sounded like a firework, and minutes later, the home was engulfed in flames.

The man inside, John Pfupajena, was taken to the hospital with burns.

His condition is unknown.

Firefighter, Rick Gorby, was visiting a vacation home next door to Pfupajena’s house when the fire began.

“It was just natural. I did what I had to do and when I saw that he was okay, I became a bystander. Just sat back and watched. The gentleman was burnt pretty bad, but I think he is going to be okay,” said Gorby.

A fund has been set up at the Woodforest National Bank inside the Salem Wal-Mart to help with Pfupajena’s medical bills.

blog comments powered by Disqus