Man burned in fire in Columbiana county

MAN BURNED IN FIRE
Neighbors along Votaw Drive, near Guilford Lake, said they heard an explosion that sounded like a firework, and minutes later, the home was engulfed in flames.

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1376781028&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9627&show_title=1&va_id=4228816&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1376781028 type=script]

A man was hospitalized with severe burns after what neighbors said was an explosion inside of his house.

It happened Friday at a home off Votaw Drive near Guilford Lake in Columbiana County.

Neighbors said they heard an explosion that sounded like a firework, and minutes later, the home was engulfed in flames.

The man inside, John Pfupajena, was taken to the hospital with burns.

His condition is unknown.

Firefighter, Rick Gorby, was visiting a vacation home next door to Pfupajena’s house when the fire began.

“It was just natural. I did what I had to do and when I saw that he was okay, I became a bystander. Just sat back and watched. The gentleman was burnt pretty bad, but I think he is going to be okay,” said Gorby.

A fund has been set up at the Woodforest National Bank inside the Salem Wal-Mart to help with Pfupajena’s medical bills.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus