[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1379031709&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9626&show_title=1&va_id=4323033&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1379031709 type=script]
Someone threw what police are calling an explosive device through an elderly Warren man’s home early Thursday, one week after someone tried to light his home on fire.
Reports say someone threw the device through the 68-year-old man’s front window in the 100 block of Ford Avenue N.W. Officers reported seeing the window shattered and the home filled with smoke.
Investigators were assigned to the case.
Last week, someone lit the man’s back porch on fire. The man told police he noticed flames coming from the porch and alerted authorities. The fire was quickly extinguished.
The fire damaged his screen door and left a scorch mark on the home.
“The first one was set on the back porch and it was quickly contained to that area of origin,” said Warren Fire Chief Ken Nussle. “And this morning the device thrown through the window could have been catastrophic but it was quickly contained to the couch. So far no one has been hurt physically so we are happy about that.”