Here is a look at the top five plays from Week 3 of the high school football season.
[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1379303279&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9626&show_title=1&va_id=4345388&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1379303279 type=script]
5. Hickory’s Tindall takes off. Hickory’s Davon Tindall came in motion and took the hand-off on the end around. He burst through the line of scrimmage and made one defender miss before sprinting ahead 79-yards. He was eventually caught and taken down at the one yard line.
4. Niles’ touchdown machine. Niles Marcus Hill makes it back-to-back weeks in the four slot in our Top Plays. And once again, it is for his ability to catch touchdowns. This time, Hill made the TD grab over the shoulder in the back left corner of the end zone.
3. Poland’s Gould goes the distance. Poland’s Ross Gould also is a repeat performer on our Top Plays this season. His second showing is far different than his first. And far is certainly the appropriate word. With the Bulldogs backed up against their own goal line, Gould took the hand-off, split two Boardman defenders and was off to the races. In the end, Gould scampered for a 96-yard touchdown, helping Poland taken down their border rivals.
2. Canfield’s Kim takes Dover for a ride. Canfield’s Kimu Kim got the carry, was hit in the backfield, but kept on trucking. A Dover defender grabbed onto his jersey in an attempt to bring Kim down, but he just continued to run to the outside, eventually breaking free and into the end zone.
1. Grove City’s Reznor weaves through Reynolds. Grove City’s Foster Reznor caught the screen pass and began to work his magic. Jukes past three defenders, changes direction and breaks a tackle, goes through one more tackle and finds a crease into the end zone. Just a 12-yard touchdown in the stat book, but much more real estate covered here, in our Top Play of Week 3.