Here are the top plays from Week 4 of the high school football season.
[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=16×9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1379905145&height=360&page_count=5&pf_id=9626&show_title=1&va_id=4368646&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=360 div_id=videoplayer-1379905145 type=script]
5. Pollifrone lays out. Struthers leading Brookfield in the 4th quarter and looking for more. But facing 3rd and 20 from the Warriors 25, continuing the drive seemed a tall task. But Gary Muntean found Nick Pollifrone in the endzone. Pollifrone made the diving catch for the 25 yard touchdown.
4. Falasca rips it away. Western Reserve quarterback Nick Allison just let it fly downfield towards Joe Falasca. With a defender on him step by step, Falasca juggled the catch, then ripped it away from the defender, falling into the endzone all at the same time.
3. Townsend’s debut. Youngstown Christian’s Darien Townsend was a Top Play staple in 2012. But it took the senior until week four to join the party this year. Townsend caught a short pass, put on some moves, then split two defenders. Townsend stumbled, but stayed on his feet and went 70 yards for the touchdown.
2. Gould Again. Poland’s Ross Gould makes his third appearance on the Top Plays list with another great move on the sidelines. Gould broke loose against Niles, but was running out of room. Instead of going out of bounds, Gould lowered his shoulder and unloaded on a Red Dragons defender. The blow did not stop the senior, who scampered head for more yardage, 58 in total, falling just short of the endzone.
1. Freshman phenomenal. Liberty freshman Lynn Bowden took the hand-off and went to his right, cut back, and broke through a few tacklers. From there, Bowden switched course again, slipped another tackler and found daylight. 68 yard touchdown run… good enough for our Top Play of Week 4.