Fireworks spark blaze


YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A family on Youngstown’s South Side escaped injury early Tuesday morning after someone set off fireworks from inside the home.

Crews were called just after 1 a.m. to the 100 block of Breaden Street after a fire broke out at the house.

Firefighters said someone started setting off fireworks from the top floor of the house, hitting a bale of hay in the backyard, which sparked a blaze. The fire spread to the siding of the house and the back porch.

The house sustained minor damage.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s