Man burned at Diamond campground dies

DIAMOND, Ohio (WKBN) –  Authorities say a Youngstown man has died after being burned by a fire that was sparked by a space heater.

The Summit County Medical Examiner’s office said Jon Blystone, 49, of Youngstown, was painting a bathroom Wednesday at Green Acres Lake Park on Creed Road in Diamond, just east of Lake Milton, when he was seen emerging from the bathroom engulfed in flames.

Blystone was using the space heater to keep warm as he worked.

He was was taken to an Akron hospital, where he died Thursday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s