POLAND, Ohio (WKBN) — Thursday night saw the annual dinner of the United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley at the Lake Club in Poland.
The keynote speaker was Youngstown Mayor John McNally.
The United Way exceeded their fundraising goal of $2.5 million for 2013.
The dinner featured an awards ceremony for some of the volunteers and donors.
President of the United Way, Bob Hannon, said that this is a great chance for all the volunteers to get together at one time and celebrate their success.
“We have so many great donors and volunteers and it is really a great chance to get them together to thank them,” said Hannon. “Because without their support we can not do it. Without all the people that do workplace campaigns and the indivudual donors and the corporate gifts. All our major companies are here tonight, all our major individual donors are here.”
Hannon also said that after Thursday, the focus will go onto their next big event in a few weeks that will feature golfers Jack Nicklaus and Annika Sorenstam.
The following awards were presented:
Top 5 Combined Corporate/Workplace Campaigns:
- General Motors Lordstown Complex and UAW Local 1112 and UAW Local 1714
- Home Savings and Loan Co.
- FirstEnergy Corp. and IBEW Local 1194 and UWUA Local 118.
- Hynes Industries Inc.
- PNC Bank
Largest campaign increases from 2012:
- $10,000 and above — Home Savings and Loan Co., Nationwide Insurance Co. and Dearing Compressor & Pump Co.
- $5,000 to $9,999 — Hynes Industries, Inc., Austintown Local School District, Simon Property Group, Simon Roofing & Sheet Metal Co., Lyden Oil Co. and Boardman Local School District
- New Partner Initiatives — NFL Alumni Assocoation, Pittsburgh chapter, Giant Eagle, Pizza Hut, No Stone Unturned Foundation.
- Top New Corporate/Workplace campaigns — Nordson Xaloy, L. Calvin Jones and National Health Care Access.
The Impact Service Award was given to Brian Kolenich of Park Vista. The Labor Leadership Award was given to Karen Eusanio from UAW Local 1112 and Jeremy Wilson from UAW Local 1714.
The Campaign Service Award was given to Steve Hanousek of Wells Fargo Advisors and the Campaign Chair Award was given to Becky Wall of Dearing Compressor & Pump Co.