Charge resolved for coach implicated in rape case

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) – Ohio’s attorney general says an accusation that a high school wrestling coach tried to thwart an investigation into the rape of a 16-year-old girl will be dismissed in exchange for community service hours.

Seth Fluharty was charged last year with a single misdemeanor count of failure to report child abuse or neglect involving the rape of the girl by two Steubenville High School football players in 2012.

Attorney General Mike DeWine said Friday the charge would be dismissed once Fluharty completed 20 community service hours at a domestic violence shelter and attended anti-sexual violence training at Steubenville city schools.

A message was left with an attorney for Fluharty, who entered a not guilty plea to the charge last year.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s