YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) - Trustees with Youngstown State University have released a list of candidates that will be considered for the position of president of the university.
The list of six was whittled down from 37 applicants:
- Mary Cullinan, president and professor of English at Southern Oregon University since 2006.
- Gary L. Miller – (no information available)
- Gayle L. Ormiston – (no information available)
- D. Marshall Porterfield, director of space life and physical sciences division at NASA headquarters since 2012.
- Steven M. Rothstein, president of the Perkins School for the Blind since 2003.
- James P. Tressel, executive vice president for student success at the University of Akron. Tressel is also a finalist for the position of president for the University of Akron.
These individuals will be interviewed by the Presidential Search Advisory Committee via Skype at meetings that are scheduled for 1 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday in Williamson Hall on the YSU campus.
The interviews will be conducted in closed, executive session. The committee anticipates developing a short list of final candidates who will then come to campus for interviews and meetings.
The board is hoping to hire someone by June 1. Dr. Randy Dunn resigned in February, after just seven months on the job, to become president at Southern Illinois University. His last day was March 21.
Provost Ikram Khawaja is serving as interim president. He is retiring June 30.