New details in Howland house fire

Grandson and grandmother die in fire
A man dies in a fire trying to save his grandmother.

HOWLAND, Ohio — An investigation into a fire last week has found some new details. The fire sent a Howland man to the hospital.

WKBN has been told by the Howland Fire Department that an unattended pot on a stove started the fire on Westover Drive last Tuesday night.

Homeowner David Nycum went to an Akron Hospital for smoke inhalation but is now back home.  He told fire investigators he was alerted to the fire when the smoke detectors in his home went off.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus