New details in Howland house fire

HOWLAND, Ohio — An investigation into a fire last week has found some new details. The fire sent a Howland man to the hospital.

WKBN has been told by the Howland Fire Department that an unattended pot on a stove started the fire on Westover Drive last Tuesday night.

Homeowner David Nycum went to an Akron Hospital for smoke inhalation but is now back home.  He told fire investigators he was alerted to the fire when the smoke detectors in his home went off.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s