No one hurt in Poland fire

POLAND, Ohio (WKBN) – A Poland family was forced from their home after a mattress caught fire when someone was careless with a cigarette butt early Thursday morning, according to Poland’s fire chief.

Firefighters were called to the house on Venloe Drive, off of Youngstown-Poland Road, shortly after midnight.

A mattress caught fire in one of the bedrooms.

Crews were able to put the fire out quickly. No one was hurt, and the family’s three dogs made a safe exit. The fire destroyed some items in the home and left smoke damage throughout.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s