BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) — On Thursday, a dozen people were arrested in a prostitution sting at a hotel on Tiffany Boulevard South in Boardman that involved numerous law enforcement agencies, including the FBI.
On Tuesday morning, the suspects were arraigned in court.
The women’s ages range from 19 to 36. They are charged with soliciting, and some have other charges. One man also was arrested and charged with compelling prostitution.
“In Boardman Township, with our hotels, it’s an unfortunate thing that comes with the territory,” said Boardman Township Administrator Jason Loree.
According to police reports, undercover agents made contact with the women through a website. When officers met up with the women, some asked if they were cops.
One woman said she could bring a 16-year-old girl, but it would cost more. The girl actually was 19.
“It is a problem that we just can’t tackle on our own. We do have to partner and we really want to thank the FBI for their help on these matters,” Loree said.
Last week, the FBI held Operation Cross Country, which is an effort to rescue child prostitution victims. Nationwide, 168 children were recovered and 281 pimps were arrested.
In the Cleveland area, 16 children ages 13 to 16 were rescued and 12 pimps were arrested. FBI Special Agent Kelli Liberti of the Cleveland field office said Cleveland ranked second in the number of children rescued. Only Denver had more with 18.
Boardman officials said they are going to keep working with other law enforcement agencies to stop human trafficking and the township is sending out this message.
“Not in Boardman. It is not going to happen here,” Loree said.
Liberti said this is not just a problem in Ohio. It happens everywhere and the FBI works on it year round.
“Anyone who sells children for sex, that behavior is not tolerated and we will come after you,” she said.
Those arrested and their charges are below. Click on the link to see their picture.
- Constance Adams, 24, of New Waterford, soliciting prostitution and possession of criminal tools
- Meschelle L. Alli, 36, of Youngstown, soliciting and possession of criminal tools
- Seaniece McKelvin, 21, of Warren, soliciting and possession of criminal tools
- Cherelle McKelvin, 19, of Warren, soliciting and possession of criminal tools
- Amy Jo Begeot, 28, of Cincinnati, soliciting and possession of criminal tools
- Matthew Pupio, 29, of Boardman, compelling prostitution and possession of criminal tools
- Jessica Maxwell, 33, of Youngstown, soliciting, possession of drugs and possession of criminal tools
- Taylor Bracy, 21, of Youngstown, soliciting and possession of criminal tools
- Sade Elliott, 23, of Warren, soliciting (no photo available)
- Michelle Harris, 28, of Youngstown, soliciting and possession of criminal tools
- Kiana Powell, 27, of Niles, soliciting and promoting prostitution
- Aaliyah Clark, 19, of Youngstown, soliciting (no photo available)