Baby injured by firework home from hospital


YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A Youngstown baby that was badly burned by a wayward firework was released from the hospital and is recovering at home.

Au’Bre McCormick is back home and her mother said she is doing well. The 4-month-old child was injured over the Fourth of July weekend when a firework was tipped over and shot into the baby’s child seat.

McCormick suffered third degree burns on her head face and body. She was recently released from the burn unit at Akron Children’s Hospital.

The Juvenile Division of the Youngstown Police Department is investigating the incident, since it was a 10-year-old who allegedly kicked over the firework.

blog comments powered by Disqus