Extra video: Amedia Plaza fire

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A fire accidentally started by two construction workers forced tenants at Amedia Plaza in downtown Youngstown to evacuate the building Thursday afternoon, according to Youngstown Fire Department officials.

YFD Investigator Alvin Ware said two workers doing construction on the sixth floor of the apartment complex at 131 W. Boardman St. were using a grinder when sparks ignited a fire. The workers put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, only to hear an alarm go off while they were on their lunch break after the fire re-ignited, according to Ware.

To see Youngstown Fire Department Chief John O’Neill give more detail about the fire, click the above video.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s