BEREA, Ohio – The Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission has placed a Travel Ban into effect from 8:00 AM, February 1, 2015 until 12:00PM February 2, 2015 due to winter storm. The Travel Ban may be extended or reduced as conditions warrant. The Engineering Department is closely monitoring the situation.
- When a Travel Ban is placed into effect, the following types of vehicles shall be banned from traveling the Ohio Turnpike until the Travel Ban is canceled:
- All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
- Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length.
- Mobile home / Office trailers.
- Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
- High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.
Not included in the Travel Ban are self-propelled motor homes, low-profile trailers, fold-down camper trailers, pickup trucks with slide-on camper units, vehicles towing fifth-wheel type trailers, or any other type of trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
Also excluded from the Travel Ban are commercial trucks towing single flatbed or box-type trailers, flatbed double-trailer combinations in excess of ninety (90) feet and any double-trailer combination commercial vehicles less than ninety (90) feet.
If you have any questions, please contact the Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission at 440-234-2081 extension 0.