OIL CITY, Pa. (WKBN) – PennDOT has temporarily reduced the speed limit on Interstate 80 in Mercer, Venango, Clarion and Jefferson counties.
PennDOT is urging motorists to avoid unnecessary travel but those who must head out will see speeds reduced to 45 mph on Interstate 80 in those areas.
PennDOT has crews have been treating roadways around the clock.
Motorists are asked to allow plenty of space when driving near plow trucks. Motorists should never attempt to pass a truck while it is plowing or spreading winter materials.
A travel ban has been issued for the Ohio Turnpike until noon Monday to include the following vehicles:
- All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
- Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length.
- Mobile home / Office trailers.
- Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
- High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.
Stay ahead of the storm. Click for interactive radar.