Liberty house fire causes $50,000 in damage

four departments help fight fire at liberty house


LIBERTY, Ohio (WKBN) – Four departments were called out to a house fire about 1 p.m. Wednesday in Liberty.

The fire broke out at a house on Will-O-Wood Drive, and firefighters believe it was started by an electrical short that spread to the attic of the home. Because of the fire’s location, crews had to cut through the roof to get to the flames.

The residents were home at the time of the fire, but got out safely. Damage is estimated at approximately $50,000.

Firefighters from Vienna, Brookfield and the 910th Airlift Wing assisted Liberty with dousing the flames.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s