House damaged in Cortland fire

A house was damaged in Cortland, Ohio after a fire spread from the fireplace into the attic.

CORTLAND, Ohio (WKBN) – Three fire departments assisted Cortland firefighters in controlling a house fire Thursday.

Crews were called about 6:15 p.m. to a house on Cricket Lane after the homeowner started a fire in the fireplace and reported smelling smoke.

When crews arrived, the fire had spread to the walls and into the attic.

Firefighters from Howland, Mecca and Bazetta assisted in controlling the fire and keeping it from spreading to the rest of the house.

No one was injured. A damage estimate was not available.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s