Fire officials find carbon monoxide in evacuated day care

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) – Fire officials say they found a carbon monoxide leak at an evacuated day care facility in southwestern Ohio.

A Butler Township Fire Department captain says no injuries were reported Monday. Capt. Mike Blakesly says three children and three adults were taken to a hospital for checks after complaining of flu-like symptoms. Blakesly didn’t expect any to remain hospitalized.

He says officials at the facility in suburban Dayton got everyone out and called 911 after noticing an odor.

He says only about three children were at the facility when it was evacuated.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s