Man electrocuted while working on Struthers roof

STRUTHERS, Ohio (WKBN) – A Columbiana man was electrocuted while working on the roof of a store on Lowellville Road in Struthers on Thursday afternoon.

The Mahoning County coroner said Darwin Parish Jr., 58, of Signal Road, died instantly of electrical injuries. Firefighters said he was working on the roof with his son when he came into contact with the 40,000-volt line.

A report from the coroner said there was no evidence that Parish suffered a heart attack, and no drug or alcohol use is suspected.

The incident is still under investigation by the coroner’s office, Struthers police and OSHA.


WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s