BEREA, Ohio (WKBN) – Giant Eagle will begin selling E-ZPass transponders at locations in northern Ohio starting this week, according to a press release.
The transponders are small electronic pods that allow cars to pass through tolls at a faster rate.
According to the release, Giant Eagle will sell them at 90 northern Ohio locations in 13 counties. The release did not specify which locations would participate in the selling of the transponders.
The release also stated that 45.5 percent of passenger vehicle customers who travel the Ohio Turnpike use E-ZPass.
E-ZPass by the Numbers:
- Ninety Giant Eagle Stores will offer E-ZPass transponders for passenger vehicles only in 13 northern Ohio counties.
- E-ZPass transponders are $12 at all retail locations. Allow 24 hours for activation and use of the transponder in other states.
- A credit card and a minimum balance of $25 per transponder are required to open an account.
- Savings realized by all E-ZPass customers since 2009: $235,302,000 (as of 5/31/2015).
- About 52.9 percent of all customers currently use E-ZPass.
- Almost 10,000 Ohio E-ZPass customers use the system for at least 30 trips per month.
- In 2014, 57.4 percent (1.65 billion) of vehicle miles traveled were by E-ZPass customers.