SHARON, Pennsylvania (WKBN) – There will be a vigil Wednesday night in Sharon in front of the home where a 3-year-old died in a fire.
Little Layden Thomas was found under a bed in the burning home late Monday night. Paramedics took him to Sharon Regional Health Center where doctors declared him dead.
Sharon Police Lt. Mark Johnson says the father of the family woke up to the fire and took Layden outside on the porch, then went back in for his wife, a newborn and a 5-year-old. The man came back outside and couldn’t find the 3-year-old. Police believe he followed his dad back inside.
Johnson said that the family lost power Monday night and that the family lit some candles and fell asleep. He says a candle in the living room area caught the house on fire.
That vigil in the 1000-block of Sherman Avenue Wednesday begins at 8 p.m.