ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) – Police say dogs trying to get at a box of cupcakes left on top of a stove apparently started a small fire in a central Pennsylvania home.
The landlord tells police in Logan Township that he stopped by his tenants’ home to let out the dogs about 8 p.m. Sunday.
That’s when the landlord saw a small stovetop fire and called firefighters.
Police say it appears the dogs were trying to get into the cupcakes and not only knocked off the stove’s control knobs, they also turned on the stove, causing the fire.
The fire has been ruled accidental. Nobody was hurt.
Logan Township is near Altoona Pennsylvania.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)