YFD fights fire on south side

fire at house in youngstown, ohio

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – The Youngstown Fire Department is at a house on the city’s south side Tuesday morning after a grease fire broke out there.

YFD arrived at a house at 448 Cohasset Dr. around 9 a.m. Tuesday. YFD Battalion Chief Jim Drummond said a grease fire started from someone cooking in the kitchen before spreading into the house’s second floor and attic.

There were still flames coming from the house around 9:15 and smoke coming from the top floors, with firefighters still inside. There was a bit of smoke coming from right front side of the house as well.

There was only one person inside the house at the time, the owner. He got out safely, and paramedics examined him for minor smoke inhalation injuries.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s