YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – These cooler nights have local residents looking for ways to keep warm. some folks turn to alternate sources like space heaters.
But a space heater being used in a south side home may have been too close to the bed. It caught the bed and the house on fire, according to Youngstown fire investigators. Fortunately, no one was injured.
The fire broke out just after 11 a.m. at 3116 Southern Blvd. Heavy smoke was pouring from the two-story home, but the two occupants were able to escape the flames.
Firefighters said they had to cut through the roof of the building to let the smoke out.
Damage was set at $8,000.