COLUMBUS, OH (WKBN)-2015 has turned out to be a record-breaking year for the Mahoning Valley as 18 teams will play a Week 11 playoff game, the most this area of Ohio has ever had. The Valley has a team representing the area in each of the OHSAA seven divisions.
Divisions II, III, V, VII will play this Friday at 7:30 as Divisions I, IV, and VI will play Saturday at 7:00. The better seeded team will play at home in Week 11.
Division I, Region 1
(12) Austintown Fitch vs. (5) Euclid
Division II, Region 3
(7) Warren Harding vs. (2) Madison
(5) Desden Tri-Valley vs. (4) Boardman
Division III, Region 7
(5) Louisville vs. (4) Poland
(7) Canfield vs. (2) Akron SVSM
Division IV, Region 11
(5) Ursuline vs. (4) Notre Dame Cathedral Latin
(6) Lakeview vs. (3) Crestwood
(5) Salem vs. (4) Indian Valley
Division V, Region 15
(8) Berkshire vs. (1) Crestview
(5) LaBrae vs. (4) Grand Valley
(7) East Palestine vs. (2) Sandy Valley
Division VI, Region 19
(6) Cuyahoga Heights vs. (3) Columbiana
(5) Brookfield vs. (4) Lisbon
(8) Western Reserve vs. (1) Kirtland
Division VII, Region 23
(8) Sandusky St. Mary vs. (1) Warren JFK
(5) Mathews vs. (4) Toronto
(7) Jackson-Milton vs. (2) Mogadore
For several Valley teams it is a return to the postseason after extended playoff droughts. Both Canfield and East Palestine are making a trip to Week 11 for the first time since 2009.
Lisbon is playing in their first playoff game since 2003. And for the first time in school history, Jackson-Milton football will play a postseason game.