AKRON, Ohio (WKBN) – The Summit County Medical Examiner has positively identified the two remaining victim’s from a Nov. 10 plane crash in Akron that killed 9 people.
According to the email, the two men were:
- Pilot – Oscar Chavez, 40, from North Bay Village, Florida.
- Co-Pilot – Renato Marchese, 50, from Boynton Beach, Florida
Officials said that the men had accumulated a combined 10,000 hours of flying time.
The plane crashed into a multiplex in Akron around 3 p.m. that afternoon. Investigators later determined that all nine people on board the plane perished and that no one was inside the multiplex when the plane crashed into it.
Summit County previously identified the other seven victims:
- Gary Shapiro, 35, from Boca Raton, FL
- Diana Suriel, 32, from Wellington, FL
- Thomas Virgin, 31, from Boca Raton, FL
- Jared Weiner, 35, from Boca Raton, FL
- Ori Rom, 32, from Delray Beach, FL
- Nick Weaver, 34, from Boca Raton, FL
- Diane Smoot, 50, from Delray Beach, FL
Officials from the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash but have not determined what caused it.