Grease from fries causes Youngstown house fire

A fire breaks out at a home on Selma Avenue in Youngstown after grease boils over on the stove.


YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A home on Selma Avenue in Youngstown caught fire shortly after 10:30 Saturday morning.

Battalion Chief, Ron Russo, says a family was making french fries when the grease boiled over. The stove caught on fire, and the fire spread through the kitchen.

Russo says there was damage to the kitchen and another room.

No one was injured, and the family was able to go back to their home.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s