VIDEO: Hoverboard explodes, catches fire in California

Hoverboard explodes, catches fire in Brentwood, California
(KRON)


BRENTWOOD (KRON) — A family was shocked when their brand new hoverboard exploded and caught fire inside their Brentwood home Monday night.

Aliyah Denny’s 15-year-old sister was testing out her early Christmas present when started sparking and making loud popping sounds.

The girl panicked and quickly moved it off of the carpet. It then exploded and caught on fire, which spread to the wall of the house.

The uncle put out the fire by dousing it with water while the girl ran the burning hoverboard outside.

The new gadget was charging before the 15-year-old decided to give it a spin.

The early Christmas present that they bought last week was charging before the girl decided to give it a spin.

Denny said this is not their first hoverboard, but have never had anything like this happen to them before.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s