WEATHERSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKBN) – Two fires in less than a year–that’s what one Trumbull county family has had to deal with, but this time, everything was destroyed.
After a fire tore through her Weathersfield Township home Wednesday afternoon, April Fintor, a single mother of two teenagers, came back to check out the damage Thursday.
“I didn’t realize it was this bad, but, I mean, everything is completely gone,” Fintor said.
April and her two children Tyler and Cassie moved to a mobile home on Judyth Street in Weathersfield after falling victim to another fire just eight months ago. But after Wednesday’s fire, everything is gone.
“It’s scary. It makes you wonder if you can even leave your house or even sleep at night,” Fintor said.
Now April said it all started with a space heater. It was in this area trying to un-thaw their frozen pipes, and quickly, the fire spread throughout the entire structure.
“The pipe’s froze, the landlord was putting a space heater down to unfreeze the pipes, because we had no water…and the house caught on fire,” Fintor said.
“They were trying to thaw those with a turbo LP gas heater,” Fintor said. “So a lot of things there wrong with the turbo. You’re throwing sparks, things of that nature.”
April didn’t have insurance, so both the Red Cross and her landlord are helping her family out, even putting them in a hotel while they try to find another place to live.