Name: Raymond L Stone
City of Residence: Salem
Party Affiliation: Republican
Office Desired: Columbiana County Sheriff
Why should you be elected
I’ve been Sheriff for the past 7-1/2 years and would like to continue to serve the citizens of Columbiana County.
Top three priorities
1) To continue the fight against illegal drugs.
2) Working diligently to close out unresolved crimes.
3) Making Columbiana County a safe place to live.
Training and Certifications
• Victim’s Rights, Jefferson Technical Community College
• Senior Operator BAC DataMaster instrument, Ohio Department of Health
• OLLESN Training, Ohio Attorney General
• Biological Tabletop Exercise, Columbiana County Emergency Management Agency
• Juvenile Law Seminar, Columbiana county Juvenile Court & Prosecutor’s Office
• Supervision Methods and Techniques, OPOTA
• Ohio Traffic Crash Report, OPOTA
• Impact Weapon Training, PPCT Management Systems Inc.
• Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training
• PPCT Speed Cuffing Techniques
• Hazmat Awareness, Ohio Fire Academy
• Self Defense Firearms Training, New Springfield Arms Company
• Doppler Radar Operation, M.P.H. Industries, Inc.
• Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy, Graduated 1980
* Sheriff Columbiana County 2008-Present
* Chief Perry Township Police Department 1993-2008
* Patrolman Perry Township Police Department 1984-1993
* Foreman Paxson Tool Grinding 1975-1993
* Patrolman (part-time) Washingtonville Police Department 1979-1984
* Auxiliary Patrolman Washingtonville Police Department 1979
FOP Quaker Lodge #88, member since 1984
• Trustee, Past Secretary, Past Guard Conductor
• Co-Chair Annual Golf Outing
• Christmas Give-away for Kids
• Kids’ Identification
• Vietnam Memorial Moving Wall event
• Salem Saxon Club
• Past Trustee, Past Guard
• Volunteered at fundraisers (fish fries, breakfasts, and other functions)
* Salem Golf Club
* Policed Columbiana County and Canfield Fairs
Education and Training
* Buckeye State Sheriff’s Association Continuing Education
* Buckeye State Sheriff’s Association New Sheriff’s School
* Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy, graduated 1980
* Graduate of Salem High School
A life-long resident of Columbiana County, I reside in Salem Township with my wife Caroline (married 1990). Our four grown children are located across the United States: Stefany of Bunker Hill, WV, Ryan of Leesburg, VA, Christopher stationed at Fort Lee, VA, and Steven of Seattle, WA. My wife and I are avid golfers, participating in several golf leagues and golfing events throughout the year.