Sharon family left homeless after fire

The fire started around 3:00 Saturday afternoon at the Sharon home.


SHARON, Pa. (WKBN) – A house fire in Sharon Saturday night left a family homeless.

The Sormaz family was in the home when the fire ignited around 3 p.m. Slaeko Sormaz was in a wheelchair, and his wife, Milena, got them out quickly.

The back bedroom of the second floor was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. Everything in that room is a loss, except for a handful of photos they were able to grab before getting out.

The family lived in the home for 23 years. They are now staying in a hotel or with family until the house is repaired.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s