People evacuated from Austintown Sleep Inn for suspected gas leak

Dominion East Ohio has been called to the scene

People have been evacuated from the Sleep Inn in Austintown for a suspected gas leak.


AUSTINTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – People were evacuated from the Sleep Inn in Austintown for a carbon monoxide issue.

Thirteen people were taken to the hospital for treatment or evaluation.

Dominion East Ohio was called to the scene to investigate, and people are not allowed to return to the building until it is confirmed safe.

The township’s police and fire departments were also called to the hotel, which is located on Interstate Boulevard.

The Austintown Fire Chief said the fire department began its investigation after a person collapsed at the hotel. That collapse is believed to be unrelated to carbon monoxide poisoning, however, firefighters did detect high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

They then went room to room to evacuate everyone, and those people were displaced to other locations.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s