OH woman misidentified as ‘Nazi’ at Trump rally wants apology

Portia Boulger of Chillicothe says she was targeted and intimidated because she supports Bernie Sanders

(AP Photo/J Pat Carter, File)

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (WCMH) – A Chillicothe woman says Donald Trump Jr. owes her an apology, and she’ll sue if she doesn’t get it.

Last Saturday, Trump Jr. retweeted a composite photo identifying Portia Boulger as the woman giving the Nazi salute at last week’s cancelled Chicago appearance of Republican Presidential Front-runner Donald Trump. However, Boulger was not at the rally.

She is a semi-retired school teacher and a full-time Bernie Sanders supporter. Boulger volunteers as the Social Media Director for the grassroots effort Women4Bernie. She says that’s why her misidentification was no mistake.

“They wanted to frighten me and stifle my voice, but they’re not going to,” Boulger said. “I went over to my Twitter page immediately, and there it was. It was just blowing up.”

The top photo in the re-tweet shows a woman in a Trump t-shirt giving the Nazi salute. That woman has curly, chin-length white hair and bears a slight resemblance to the two-year-old picture of Boulger posted below.

Boulger’s hair has long since been cut in a short pixie style. She doesn’t wear square-framed glasses like the woman in the photo and, most importantly, she was in Chillicothe last weekend.

A Chillicothe woman was misidentified by Donald Trump Jr. as the woman giving a Nazi salute at his father's cancelled Chicago rally.
Courtesy: WCMH

The woman in the photo has since been identified by both the Chicago Tribune and the New York Times as Birgitt Peterson of Yorkville, Illinois.

“I don’t think it was a mistake that they attempted to make it look like Portia Boulger is Birgitt,” Boulger said.

On Saturday, Donald Trump Jr. retweeted the composite shot. The tweet has been deleted, but Boulger shared a screenshot with NBC4.

Actor James Woods also retweeted the composite photo. Woods’ tweet has more than 4,000 re-tweets and 4,000 likes. On Thursday night, Boulger tweeted Woods, asking him to take it down.

“It’s still up even though there’s absolute evidence that that person is not me,” she said.

Boulger says even though it’s been proven that the composite photo wasn’t of her, she doesn’t feel safe. She believes she was targeted and intimidated because of her support for Bernie Sanders.

Now she wants an apology.

“No one should be able to threaten me or make me feel uncomfortable for exercising the freedoms that I have by living in the United States of America.”

Boulger says her attorney is negotiating with Trump’s to get an apology. She says she wants it via Twitter.

WKBN 27 First News provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. No links will be permitted. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s