YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – An OVI checkpoint in Mahoning County over the weekend netted four arrests and several citations and court summonses.
Police checked vehicles Saturday, March 19, along Belmont Avenue between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. where a total of 251 vehicles passed through the checkpoint, with 14 being diverted to an area for further investigation.
Officers on saturation patrols in the surrounding area also conducted an additional 42 traffic stops.
The following arrests and citations were recorded:
- 1 arrest for OVI
- 1 arrest for carrying a concealed weapon
- 2 warrant arrests
- 5 seatbelt violations
- 2 summons for driving under suspension
- 3 citations for no operator’s license
- 1 citation for an expired operator’s license
- 1 citation for following too closely
- 2 summonses for possession of drugs
The Mahoning County OVI Task Force is funded by a federal grant, which is administered through the Ohio Department of Public Safety.