AKRON, Ohio (WKBN) – The mother and grandmother of a teen who died from a suspected heroin overdose at an Ohio hotel have been charged in his death.
Authorities said they believe 16-year-old Andrew Frye, his mother and her friend used heroin together at the hotel near Akron before he was found dead Wednesday night.
The coroner said that the boy possibly overdosed on heroin and that syringes and drug paraphernalia had been found in the hotel room in the Akron suburb of Green.
His mother, Heather Frye, and grandmother, Brenda Frye, have been charged with involuntary manslaughter.
The mother’s friend was charged with tampering with evidence and drug possession.